Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Resolutions

I'll start with the boring albeit necessary ones everyone makes: eat better, exercise more, be more frugal.

I want to read more.  I think I'm going to try reading a fiction and non-fiction book every month.  I also want to read the daily reading from The Intellectual Devotional and A Year With Thomas Merton.  I want to check in on John T. Spencer and Alan Jacobs more regularly than I have during the past year.

I should do a better job of using time shifting tools like Hulu and DVR to watch TV.

I would like to listen to music a little more.

I need to do a better job of responding to social emails and keeping in touch with people.  I also need to call my mother more.

I need to find the tools to calm down; worrying is depriving me of time and energy.

Finally, I need to write more concisely and proofread better before I hit publish.  I need to upgrade my snark game a bit too.

No comments: