Monday, October 20, 2014

A Midlife Crisis??

Blogging has been really slow since school started. I seem to be running out of time and feeling more tired than I've ever felt. Those feelings have prompted me to wonder whether I am going through a late mid-life crisis.

The stereotype of someone suffering a midlife crisis is the person overcoming ennui by buying a motorcycle or going off to Tibet to meet the Dali Lama. (The stereotype neatly skirts the fact that the Dali Lama now resides in India.)

I, on the other hand, am experiencing nostalgia for things I can only vaguely remember, using a double-edged razor along with a shaving brush and writing with fountain pens. The brush feels good and the pens write well, but neither is a Harley. I must have spent a lot time living wrong.

No comments: