Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Quotation Of The Day: Being An Anti-Republican Edition

With the exception of voting for Obama in 2012, these Damon Linker paragraphs sum up my current political philosophy and activity:
Today, my voting record says I'm a Democrat. I voted for Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008 and 2012. I nearly always support Democrats in House, Senate, and gubernatorial elections. But I don't identify closely with or feel deep loyalty to the Democratic Party, its agenda, or its electoral coalition.
You could say that I'm less a Democrat than an anti-Republican. I vote the way I do because I want the GOP to lose, lose badly, and keep losing until it comes to its collective senses, which at this point seems a very long way off indeed.

1 comment:

P&R said...

Replace "Republican" with "Democrat" and vice-versa, and I'm pretty much in that same place.