Friday, August 16, 2013

Is Annette Bosworth Channelling Willy Loman Or Sally Field?

Pat Powers points to an Annette Bosworth email appeal in which she boasts about her popularity. Bosworth points out that doctors have a 70% approval rating while claiming her patients give her a 95%. Willy Loman, protagonist of Death of a Salesman, told his sons that it's not enough to be liked; one must be well liked. Life didn't turn out so well for Willy.

If Bosworth is attempting to avoid being Loman's political equivalent, she may just be channeling her inner Sally Field. For those who are young or who have forgotten:



I disagree with Willy every time I read Arthur Miller's play. I've like Field's work as an actress but that doesn't mean I'd vote to elect her to the U.S. Senate. It'll take more than the fact that Bosworth's patients not only like her but they really like her to make me vote for her.

No comments: