Friday, March 22, 2013

How Much Does Google Hate The Argus Leader?

I don't know why, but I find this non-event hilarious.

This morning I was doing a little research to compose a post about adding partisan members to the South Dakota Legislative Research Council. I went to Google, typed in "Russ Olson LRC," limited the search to the past week, and got the following results:


The Madville Times has the first three results. Then there's David Montgomery's blog. I can understand those beating yesterday's Argus story. The Argus hosts Montgomery's blog, so I suppose that could count as result that points to the Argus.

That being said Lori's Reading Corner comes in ahead of yesterday's Argus article in the Google results. I can understand Google giving Lori's Reading Corner preference over this blog, but South Dakota's largest newspaper loses to Lori's Reading Corner on a search for a  political story? There has to be an unreported struggle between Google and Gannet for use of the letter G.

No comments: