Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Am I The Only Person Who Thinks The New Lone Ranger Movie Is Going To Suck?

I really wanted to return to those thrilling days of yesteryear with the Lone Ranger, but I think I may be disappointed--badly disappointed.

The Super Bowl Trailer gave me pause. Johnny Depp is wearing pancake makeup, pretending to be a Native American, and he has stuffed bird on his head. He also delivers lines woodenly, and the Lone Ranger, played by a guy I've never heard of, seems embarrassed to be in the role.



This international trailer doesn't quell any of my fears. It repeats all of the problems from the Super Bowl trailer and it adds Helena Bonhom-Carter using a prosthetic leg as a cannon or bazooka or anti-train gun.



If these trailers are any indication, this movie will have have better special effects than Plan 9 from Outer Space but will lack the older film's nuanced theme.

No comments: