Friday, December 28, 2012

New Years Resolutions For 2013 (Part 1)

For the past two months there has been much more slogging than blogging. In the spirit of a new year and the hope that springs eternal every January 1, every MLB opening day, and every first day of school, I hope to get back on track. I also hope to accomplish a few other tasks that have eluded me in the past.

The first resolution is obviously to get back on track and publish the requisite two posts a day. I will be satisfied to average two daily posts throughout any given month.

Second, to issue an open invitation to Steve Sibson to visit my classroom when I teach my Bible unit. Sibby frequently bombs the Madville Times comments section with assertions that public schools have banned
Bible reading. At his own site, he posts headlines like "Newtown, an America where Bibles are banned and evil is promoted." Representative Steve Hickey can also visit if he likes. (I should give myself 1/2 credit for accomplishing this resolution. As soon as I hit publish the invitation will have been issued. I just need to finalize the dates. If I follow old lesson plans, I should begin the unit in mid-January.)

Third, I probably shouldn't do any more cheating on completing resolutions like I did above.

Next, I want to find one good thing to post about Governor Dennis Daugaard and Representative Kristi Noem. I don't want to cheat on this one either. For example, claiming that Daugaard is not the most reprehensible politician in South Dakota history won't count nor will asserting that Noem is not the least intellectually gifted politician in South Dakota.

On the personal level, I resolve to spend at least six hours watching foreign language television with my wife even though I won't understand a single word. The six hours does not have to occur at one sitting, but it should occur before the end of the school year. In an effort to afford cheating, I will not force her to watch ESPN Deportes to take up the time.

On a more serious level, I will make an effor to do a few more education posts than I have in the past.

I'll post the rest of my resolutions tomorrow.

No comments: