Sunday, August 17, 2014

Chad Haber Becomes Twitter Officially Notorious

When the young'uns talk about romances, they tell me nothing matters until it's "Facebook official." As one who agrees with those who assert that Facebook is malware, I have never checked to see which of the young handholders in lust populating the school's hallways are official.

There seems to be another kind of social media official. For the purposes of this post, let's call it "Twitter Officially Notorious"; one gains this notoriety when one is worthy enough to get a parody account. (It's unclear if they become TONners once they gain such status. I will be applying for trademark status if no one else has)

South Dakota has had fake accounts for Kristi Noem and Governor Daugaard. The newest to merit such an account is Chad Haber, attorney general candidate. Congratulations Chad. I hope the tweets do you justice.

Those so inclined can follow ChadNotALawyerHaber @AttorneyGeneral.

Two quick observations,  Ididn't set up the account, and I'm surprised @AttorneyGneral was still available.

3 comments:

Kurt Evans said...

"I didn't set up the account, and I'm surprised @AttorneyGeneral was still available."

The account uses a capital "I" for the "l" in "General"...

That's one of the best Twitter forgery tricks in the book, and I knew the trick, but believe it or not, I didn't set up the account either.

Kurt Evans said...

Clarification: That's a capital "i" as in India, substituted for a lowercase "L" as in London. :)

Kal Lis said...

Mind sees what it wants to see, especially with bifocals. I should have done a cut and paste instead of keyboarding it in.

Also, should have remembered what I was taught in typing class. We had old typewriters, way, way, way, way back in the day, that didn't have a key for numeral 1. We were taught to use a lower case l instead.