Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Minor Musing And Musical Interlude Concerning Signs

Bob Mercer is sign counting. By Mercer's count, Mike Rounds and Gordon Howie are winning the political signage battle in South Dakota's United States Senate race.

@RinoMikeSD seems to have a fixation with signs.
I wish Wieland and Pressler had more signs up. In politics, out of sight is out of mind. I suspect that the ability to place signs indicates a well-organized, well-staffed campaign.

That said, I have yet to meet anyone who has voted for someone based on signage. In fact, I suspect that the number of signs a candidate has out has about as much to do with the candidate's success as the number of Twitter followers a candidate has. (Democrats better hope that thesis is incorrect. As of this posting, Rick Wieland has 3,490 followers whereas the Mike Rounds campaign account has 1,197 followers.)

Of course, It may be that I have my aversion to caring about signs only because this song was popular during my formative years.

No comments: