Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Minor Musing On Dr. Bosworth's Response To Surviving The Challenge To Her Nominating Petitions

Via Dakota War College, Dr. Annette Bosworth has credited God for the favorable ruling regarding the challenge to her nominating petitions.
Unofficially, Bosworth noted to me:
We are on the ballot!! With hundreds of the signatures to spare!! Awesome – GOD IS SO GOOD!!
I believe that God can and does intervene in human affairs; I believe the Almighty deserves thanks for bestowed favors and for undesired challenges. When I was a young farm boy, my father taught me to say thanks for the rain and the hail storms that didn't come and not to be angry when crops got hailed out. (The avoid anger lessons didn't always take.) He also strongly reminded me that our efforts had little to do with results.

After viewing Bosworth's rambling soliloquy that owes more to Lewis Carroll than it does to Shakespeare or the King James Bible,  one is tempted to believe that Bosworth believes her efforts have been vindicated. I would offer her the Matthew 5:45 reminder that my father gave me:
. . . for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Despite this favorable ruling, her acquaintance with just dealing remains an open question, and this result should not be considered vindication from God.

3 comments:

M Larson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M Larson said...

Let's try this again. Worse yet is her attempt to smear Cory. That speaks of a Christian move (this is said with sarcasm in case anyone could miss it.)

Kal Lis said...

Yeah, it's a little sad that Sibby makes more sense than she does.

I posted this before I read the DWC reprint of her press release.

I note that she did not deny that she was out of the country at the same time she claimed to be gathering signatures. If that charge is false, she committing political malpractice by not denying it. If it's true, this non-denial is telling.