Thursday, September 19, 2013

Guns Rights Advocates Willing To Throw Away Every Other Constitutional Right

John Stewart does the honors.

If forced to choose, I'd rank the First Amendment and the Fourth Amendment ahead of the Second. I believe that the rights protected by the former are much more fragile. On a snarky level, I believe that the right to proclaim faith in or deny faith in the Holy Trinity is more important than purchasing faith in Colt, Smith, and Wesson. That said, I would never want to eviscerate the Second Amendment the way Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and the others Stewart skewers in clip do.


If Abraham Lincoln had possessed the prophetic ability to foresee that South Carolina would one day elect Lindsey Graham to the United States Senate, I'm willing to bet he would have let the state secede.

No comments: