Sunday, July 7, 2013

Alternate History And Something That Should Be

Catching up on political reading, I came across this tidbit at Politico.
”Christian Nation” is a new novel from lawyer Fred Rich that wonders what would happen if the Republican ticket won in 2008. But Rich goes even further than that, plotting a would-be Palin presidency after McCain passes away in the novel.
And although it’s fiction, Rich is dead serious about what a Palin presidency would mean for the country. As the title suggest, Rich is concerned about how religious extremists on the right could upend society.
I would humbly suggest that Palin's biggest problem is her incompetence, but I'm fairly certain a Palin administration would be a disaster.

Meanwhile, in something that should happen only in the most bizarre alternate universe, Dennis Rodman wants the Nobel Peace Prize:
“My mission is to break the ice between hostile countries,” Rodman says. “Why it’s been left to me to smooth things over, I don’t know. Dennis Rodman, of all people. Keeping us safe is really not my job; it’s the black guy’s [Obama's] job. But I’ll tell you this: If I don’t finish in the top three for the next Nobel Peace Prize, something’s seriously wrong.”

No comments: