Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Minor Musing: Rick Weiland's Candidacy Produces Blog Channelling

At Madville, Cory Heidelberger channels his inner Obama asserting that Rick Weiland gives Dems reason to fire up. Bob Mercer channels sportscaster Dick Endberg with his Oh My! reaction. At Blogmore, Kevin Woster channels Regis Philbin and phones a friend or asks for a lifeline with his concluding questions. David Montgomery chimes in with his own "Rick Weiland?"  Finally, at Dakota War College, Powers opens up his Chopped basket and finds white bread.

Many of these early reactions will be revised. Cory reserves the right to look at other candidates.The reporters will get their "why Weiland" questions answered.

The Pat Powers response seems a bit off, however. The videos Powers has posted on his blog prove Weildand is less than telegenic. Calling Weiland white-bread, however, does not turn Mike Rounds into sriracha. Rounds remains an overly processed, bland politician who's probably gone a little stale. He's just wrapped in different packaging than Weiland.


2 comments:

Pat Powers said...

Open my 'Chopped' basket. Ha! Good one.

Between that and the comic book coverage, I have to note that of the other SD blogs, I do enjoy yours the most.

Kal Lis said...

Thanks for the compliment. I'll have to show your comment to my wife the next time she tells me that I'm too old to be a geek