Sunday, September 16, 2012

Quotations Of The Day: Something's Rotten In The State Of South Dakota Edition

From Stan Adelstein, a South Dakota State Senator, in this comment on the Madville Times:
Somehow South Dakota is losing something - call it honesty and transparency - call [it people's] rights before someone's big dollar interest!
He also writes:
But, but what is going on? . . .  I never saw anything like this in the Rounds or Janklow administrations -- and I was kind of in the know. My only embarrassment is, that at my age and with my business experiences I should have known what some people were trying to do.
Everyone who goes through high school has probably heard the Lord Acton statement “Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupt absolutely." It's become a cliche, but South Dakota voters should never doubt that Acton is correct. When one party has absolute power in a state, that power will continue to corrupt.






No comments: