Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Will South Dakota Public TV Start Broadcasting Cow Week?

I don't know if I'll be able to go to work today. I'm more than a little afraid. Yesterday, I discovered that "terrorists" have targeted South Dakota's mailboxes with postcards. This morning, I learn that South Dakota is home to creatures that kill more humans every year than sharks. Writing at BoingBoing, Maggie Koreth-Baker informs readers that cows kill repeatedly. In fact she is creating cow week:
Cow Week is a tongue-in-cheek look at risk analysis and why we fear the things we fear. It is inspired by the Discovery Channel's Shark Week, the popularity of which is largely driven by the public's fascination with and fear of sharks. Turns out, cows kill more people every year than sharks do.
 Koreth-Baker does not discuss whether cows consider their homicides self-defense during grilling season.

No comments: