Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Plains Pops: Reading Trifecta Edition

First, from my blog reading, three interesting posts from Rod Dreher:
  1. A conservative teacher discusses how poverty effects student.
  2. A post based on a comment about the poverty article.
  3. The humanities as a way of knowing.
Second, the first three books pulled from my to be read pile:
  1. Hell is Empty (Finished)
  2. Hedy's Folly: The Life and Breakthrough Inventions of Hedy Lamarr, the Most Beautiful Woman in the World
  3. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking will be my first Nook book.  I started but stuff got in the way, so I'm going to restart.
Thrid, a bleg for books to add to the list:
  1. An overlooked classic
  2. A coach's book
  3. A young adult novel that's not The Hunger Games, gotta keep up with the young'uns


No comments: