Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yet Another Reason I Won't Be A Democrat

Let's be clear, the following chart is for illustration purposes only; supporting or opposing medical marijuana falls below creating the world's largest dryer lint ball on my priority list.

The chart does, however, point to the dramatic jumps in regulatory control that Democrats seem to undertake.  Note the large increase between President George H. W. Bush and President Clinton.  I don't recall the Republic falling apart becasue of medical marijuana during Bush I, so the Clinton adminstration had no substantive reasons to dramatically increase regulations.  Clinton probably wanted to match Rudy Guliani as a tough on crime guy, but that's an issue of perception not policy.

I don't think this issue is an exception, but I would add that this chart also illustrates Republicans seldom roll things back.

No comments: