Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Is Annette Bosworth The Newest Blues Brother?

I believe that religion belongs in the public square. I've never been able to figure out how one can remove one's belief or lack of belief in God from their moral or political worldviews.

That being said, does God tell only Republicans to run for office? It certainly seems to be the case. Dr. Annette Bosworth claims she's seeking God's calling. Her assertion that God has been preparing her for something but she still doesn't have God's vision reminds me of the scenes chronicled in this YouTube clip.


I suppose I should applaud Bosworth for seeking a vision because I truly believe Proverbs 29:18: "Where there is no vision, the people perish"

3 comments:

caheidelberger said...

Most folks would posit that God tells me to do all sorts of things. I don't listen.

Troy said...

One of my top three favorite movies. And, everyone who believes should aspire that what they say and do every day is a mission from God.

Kal Lis said...

Troy,

I agree. I just get cynical when I hear politicians or potential politicians claiming they are running because called by God.

It strikes me as a message that voting against the candidate is a vote against God.

If it were couched as a "voice crying in the wilderness" and bringing a certain message, win or lose, I'd feel a little better about it.