Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Brad Ford: Solidiers With PTSD Are Moochers

I realize it's only May, but Brad Ford may have just won the South Dakota Blogosphere's "Most Reprehensible Post of the Year" award. According to Ford, Soldiers with PTSD merely have to maintain an act. Further, paying soldiers has the horrendous side effect of making war unaffordable. At least he beat the Memorial Day rush. (That was sarcasm)
PTSD is becoming the welfare sweepstakes of choice for many veterans who welcome a lifetime of disability payments if they can only claim some mental anguish, the same “goes with the turf” conditions that former generations would “grin and bear.”  Now cooks and clerks who heard a distant shell burst or saw a dead body from a vehicle feel impaired.  You just have to be a good actor and stick to your story.
If everyone who goes “off to war” become entitled to a disability payment for mental anguish, then war will become too costly.  Isn’t this what the ant-war faction really is pursuing as a goal?  Escalating “salaries” is often tied to the same motive.  Four-fifths of soldiers in most wars don’t see combat anyway, but are most of the PTSD claims originating from this majority. 

3 comments:

ksantema said...

I don't even know what to say. I seen the article in my RSS reader, but refused to read it. Reading just your snippet has me agreeing about the Most Reprehensible Post of the Year Award.

Troy said...

LK,

You are wrong. Ford's diatribe on racial blending was the most reprehensible. But, I would not be surprised if by year end this guy will own the Top Ten.

Kal Lis said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ken. I am going to have admit that Troy has me conviced that I may indeed be wrong. Ford may post 9 worse posts before the year is out.