Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Fat Man Analyzes Bloomberg's Proposed Biggie Drink Ban

This Wall Street Journal graphic made me think about something that I didn't want to think about: New York City Mayor Bloomberg's proposed ban on large sodas.


First, I'd feel a lot better if the sentiment ran 65% jokes, 29% against it, and 7% for it.

Second, how many of the jokes included something like "Bloomberg can have my Big Gulp when he pries it from my cold, dead fingers"?

Third,  the circled text on the right indicates that Bloomberg is going to run for President.  Why else would he want the NRA off his back?

Fourth, the circled text on the left indicates that he will ask South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard to be his VP.  After all, someone who understands "the direction we need to go to save the health of our children" would want to run with someone who is the only lobbyist South Dakota students have.

Finally, I want to live in a place that has solved poverty, hunger, crime, and unemployment so it can focus on the terrifying problem of  sugar abuse.  I had no idea New York City was that place.



1 comment:

D.E. Bishop said...

Love your snark!