Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Do Conservatives Have Cognitive Dissonance About Horses?

Apparently if a conservative finds a woman attractive and she rides a horse, that's a reason to vote for her.  If a conservative finds a woman unattractive, he compares her a horse in order to insult her.

Normally I'd avoid posting this YouTube video.  I try my best to ignore Congresswoman Noem,


I'm no prude, and I pride myself on being far more caviler than formal, but I find it ironic if not repugnant that any voter wants to tell any elected official:
Girl you make my speakers go "BOOM BOOM"
Dancin' on the tailgate in a full moon
That kinda thing makes a man go mhmm mhmm
You're lookin' so good in what's left of those blue jeans
Drip of honey on the money maker gotta bee
The best buzz I'm ever gonna find..
I'm a little drunk on you, and high on summertime
I'm also unsure why riding a horse or driving a semi qualifies one to be in Congress.  I still would have found something else to blog about, but I came across this campaign ad and commentary that showed the other side.
The Daily Caller headlines its coverage with "Sarah Jessica Parker sticks her nose into 2012 campaign" and opens its story with a ridiculous attempt to be clever: "Wealthy actress and socialite Sarah Jessica Parker is the celebrity horse that Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign is betting on to win low-dollar donations . . ."

Let's see if I can get this straight.  I'm supposed to support Noem because someone has a creepy school boy crush on her, and I'm not supposed to support Obama because 'Sarah Jessica Parker has a big nose and a face some could describe as "horsey."

There may be reasons to vote for Noem; I haven't found any, but she got elected so some may exist.  Her physical features are not one of them.  The dinner with Obama fundraiser is a cheap, cynical stunt; The Daily Caller, allegedly run by professional journalists, could make that point without taking a cheap shot at someone's physical appearance.

I'm still left with the question:  what is it with conservatives and horse?

HT @coralhei & Alyssa Rosenberg



No comments: