Sunday, April 29, 2012

I'm A Horrible Parental Unit

I've found something that I can agree with Mitt Romney about one thing:  Jimmy John's has good sandwiches.

According to Wikipedia, Jimmy John's founder borrowed $25,000 from his parents to start his first restaurant. Mitt thinks that Jimmy Johns should be a model for young people and parents.  According to Mitt, young people will succeed if their parents loan them $20,000.


I love the young'uns, but I don't have $20,000 to loan out.  I don't many people who do.  Also, the loan that Romney references took place in 1983.  I would guess that a similar loan today would be worth over $50.000 today, and I certainly don't have that.

Actually, my lack of money probably means that Mitt and I agree about two things; he'd agree with the title of this post.

No comments: