Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Update: Candidates Or Procrastinators?

I guess the answer is procrastinators.  The Secretary of State's website shows that Democrats Bernie Hunhoff and Charlie Gross have filed petitions, joining Republicans Mike Stevens and Thomas Bixler as candidates for the South Dakota House of Representatives from District 18.

No Democrats filed to run against incumbent Republican Jean Hunhoff.  Ten other districts have only one candidate for the South Dakota State Senate.  Joining District 18 as a one party district are Districts 1, 5, 8. 15. 23. 27. 28. 29, and 32.

UPDATE:  The Secretary of State's office now has added Republicans Thomas D. Stotz and Matt Stone to the District 18 candidtate list (10:30 am 3/28/12).  That gives the Republican 5 total candidates.  I guess I will have to change my voter registration from I to R for a bit.

No comments: