Thursday, February 9, 2012

Quotation Of The Day: Santorum Hyperbole And Tale Of Two Cities Edition

And here I have been spending all my time worrying that the United States was going to go the way of Rome.  How silly of me.

From Rick Santorum,
“They are taking faith and crushing it. Why? When you marginalize faith in America, when you remove the pillar of God-given rights then what’s left is the French Revolution. What’s left is a government that gives you rights. What’s left are no unalienable rights. What’s left is a government that will tell you who you are, what you’ll do and when you’ll do it. What’s left in France became the the guillotine.”
Guess I'm going to have to break out A Tale of Two Cities again and look for the best of times and the worst of times.    Perhaps Santorum wants to help Rep Hickey encourage schools to teach the Bible as literature; Hickey's guest columnist lists the novel in this post.  I've always told students that Sydney Carton's selfless act makes him an archetypal Christ Figure

If Santorum starts referring to himself as a "resurrection" candidate, I am going to start worrying.  On a side note, I have been worried about all of the knitting clubs that I have seen springing up.

No comments: