Monday, November 28, 2011

Bad Ideas From Good Sources

The Atlantic has published a list of bad ideas that "good companies" promulgated.  The list includes some obvious suspects:  Windows Vista, New Coke, and Ford's Edsel.

It also includes a few things that I had forgotten about like Google Wave and McDonalds Arch Deluxe, although whether the Arch Deluxe was a worse idea than the McFeast may be debatable.

Several items surprised me because I had never heard of them:  Coors Water anyone?  Harley Davidson cologne?  After all, oil and motorcycle exhaust seem to be scents everyone should sport.

Of course, this list is for the private sector.  I'm not sure if anything tops NCLB or the decision to invade Iraq to search for non-existent weapons of mass destruction.  I think I'd live on McFeasts and Coors Water if I could find a way to undo those really bad ideas.

No comments: