Sunday, May 15, 2011

Plains Pops:Superhero Edition

*This photoshop effort from The Atlantic is funny, I never would have pegged Biden as The Flash.  They should have added Space Ghost.  They could have finished Hillary Clinton's arm too.


*If I had time, I'd do a full fan boy post about whether I'd want to have Green Lantern's ring or Thor's hammer.

*People with more time than I have put together Green Lantern and Philosophy.

*This guy takes Smallville a bit too seriously.  Still, he has point; ten years is a long time to mess around with the Superman mythos.

Walt Disney and Salvador Dali, one shouldn't have to say more.  It may not be a superhero thing, but it makes Fantasia look pedestrian.  The person who uploaded it claims to have changed the sound track.

4 comments:

yanktonirishred said...

and you're a comic book fan too? Are you kidding me!?!?! Huge collector here and have done talks at the library here in yankton about comics.

Shane

LK said...

Yeah, I read the Avengers and some group stuff. I read some of Dynamite's old time stuff like The Lone Ranger and Green Hornet.

yanktonirishred said...

I've switched completely to trades. The only "cape" book I collect anymore is Batman and Robin relaunched by Grant Morrison. I have a very extensive library of trades if you are ever interested in borrowing any. Some off the beaten path stuff and some very popular stuff.

Mage
Strangers in Paradise (complete)
Bone (complete)
Lost Girls (Alan Moore)
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1-3
Sandman (Grant Morrison complete)
Scott Pilgrim (complete)
Kingdom Come
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Identity Crisis (DC)
Final Crisis
All the Preludes to Stephen Kings the Dark Tower
Super Powers (Dynamite)
The Umbrella Acadamy
Many Avengers, Titans, Batman, Ultimates, Spiderman, Daredevil
Plus a ton of comics in long boxes!

Just let me know. I will gladly share!

Shane

yanktonirishred said...

Plus the library is building a great collection. Fables, Walking Dead, Scalped, Ultimate Spider Man, Promethea, Concrete, Astro City. Plus a bunch of really really good Indy stuff.