Thursday, July 29, 2010

Latvia and Moldova Lead The US In Something Other Than Soccer

I think I've seen other posts about this phenomenon, perhaps in The Madville Times, but when I followed this Lifehacker link to discover consumer download speed rankings, I slipped into fine and profane gentleman mode and uttered several versions of WTF loudly and repeatedly.

The index "compares and ranks consumer download speeds around the globe."  I'm not surprised that South Korea leads the rankings, I'm not really surprised that the US is 27th.  I am blown away that Moldova, Romania, Lithuania, and Latvia all have downloads speeds that are twice as fast as those in the US.  In fact Latvia's average speed of 24.27 Mbps is nearly three times as fast as the US's 9.91 Mbps

Latvia?  Seriously?  I could understand Latveria; it's ruled by Doctor Doom who's both "a genius inventor and a sorcerer."  What do the former Russian client states have?

Update:  Madville Times has a new post about similar stats.

1 comment:

caheidelberger said...

Ah, the joys of spontaneously symmetrical blog brain waves! Thanks for the link!