Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stuff

I just spent most of the past two days cleaning my classroom.  I am a slob of the first order.  My natural talents are augmented by debaters who love paper so much they leave it strewn all over the classroom so that they can always look at it.

My wife and I also cleared out a storage unit because the rent payment can be better used elsewhere. (Actually my wife did  most of the cleaning, but I did help unload a pickup.  I can still carry a small refrigerator just like I could when I was but a lad in college.)  Anyway, it's amazing how much crap a person can accumulate.  It's more amazing how attached a person can become to that crap.

After looking at the garage, I guess I'll have to look for a 12 step program to overcome addiction to stuff.  I would guess that step one would be distinguish junk from valuable and that step two would throw away junk without crying.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.