Sunday, May 16, 2010

Is It Time To Grow Up?

I spent a good part of today getting stacks of comic books in long boxes to store so that we can celebrate graduation.  Gotta love those manufactured coming of age rituals that seem to mean nothing to those who are coming of age.

While storing and sorting, I noticed that there's about five months of issues that I haven't read. I will get to some this summer, but work keeps getting in the way of reading.  Besides, I could spend the time reading comics reading more substantial fiction.  Also, those long boxes take up a lot of room.  Further, the damned things now cost $2.99 and up.  They were 12 cents when I was a kid.  (By the way, why doesn't my computer keyboard have a symbol for cents?)

On the other hand, there is the cliche about one doesn't quit playing because one gets old; one gets old because one quits playing.  I would hate to lose my boyish charm because I quit reading comics.  Enough introspection.

No comments: